Saturday, September 3, 2011

Logisim

I got started with the contest by downloading Logisim.  It is incredible!  I cannot believe how powerful this software is. I skimmed over the first tutorial (I know, reading the manual... Lame!) and was able to start creating immediately.  I highly recommend this software to anyone involved in logic design.

After the initial learning curve of this software I began to work on the game.  I quickly realized just how rusty bad I am with this stuff.  I've been using MCUs for the last few years and they have made me wasteful and lazy.  For most things I do the MCU I'm using has way more RAM and FLASH storage then I need.  When you have to build the RAM with hundreds of chips and the FLASH storage is a combination of DIP Switches and resistors you tend to look at where you can trim the fat.


No comments:

Post a Comment